A logo is one of the most important constituent of a business’s identity. The logo communicates to your business contacts and clients through business cards, stationary, website, invoices, receipts, packaging and other marketing materials.
The logo should look professional and convey the significance of the business properly. Above all, the logo should be designed to ensure the customers will remember it. It is important because the logo conveys a very significant message about your business to the customers and everyone else. People tend to perceive different things about your business with your logo.
To ensure that the customers remember your logo, you need to incorporate certain aspects to it which are described below.
1. Meaning: A successful business logo should have a meaning. Look at your logo and see if it carries the message to the customer. If you are starting real estate business, try adding an image of a house or a building to reflect the nature and scope of your business. Customers try to extract the information from a logo to know what the business is all about and remember it.
2. Color: Choosing the right color is somewhat critical. Color attracts the customer’s eye and can deliver the message very easily, thus enabling them to remember it. For example, using red color in the logo indicates intensity or energy. Contrarily, blue color gives a very soothing effect and has a calming influence, while purple adds royalty to the logo. Color such as brown and white are not easy to track the message of the logo and have lesser chances to be remembered by the customers.
3. Representation: The most successful logos in the world carry very simple and refined images. You must remember that your logo will be used at different places with variations to sizes. Think of how it will look on the website, receipts, envelopes, large shopping bags etc. Logo size usually contributes a lot towards gaining the customer attention. The best logo should be able to represent your business regardless of size; it should do well even with a thumbnail size. The more intricate the logo is, the lesser the chance to catch the customer’s eye.
4. Design Contrast: A considerate logo should have a high impact or contrast. A brightly colored logo against a light or white colored background immediately catches the customer’s eye and retains it in the mind successfully.
5. Life of the Logo: A logo should be timeless to enable the customers to remember it forever. It should cater to the changes according to time and requirements. While designing the logo you should keep in mind that it should be able to exist in the customer’s mind after 10 or 20 years and may be forever.
Logos around the world have drastically influenced the financial portfolios of huge businesses. If you look at the most successful brands they have established themselves through simple and diminutive logo. Simple and plain looking logos preserve for longer in the minds of the customers only in a matter of seconds.